Thread poster: garrett higgins
garrett higgins
garrett higgins
Local time: 19:31
Italian to English
Jan 6, 2011

Office Version:Office 2010Operating System:Windows Vista

hi.
My previous version of Office was not "genuine" and Word started to lose functionality.

I bought Office Home and Student 2010.

I did custom install and kept old versions.

Still some problems with 'new' version of Word.

Deleted old office.

cant open more than one document. Word
... See more
Office Version:Office 2010Operating System:Windows Vista

hi.
My previous version of Office was not "genuine" and Word started to lose functionality.

I bought Office Home and Student 2010.

I did custom install and kept old versions.

Deleted old office.

cant open more than one document. Word crashes when I try to close doc., etc.
word has improved a little since i installed 2010 but still blocks up when i close files (sometimes it mentions something about 'normal' and it always gets that horrible (not responding) message followed by word crashing and trying to restart and recover information.

as far as i know this all started because i did not have genuine software (the store 'tricked' me!).

thanks a million - i really need to solve this

PLEASE HELP

thanks _ Garrett James
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:31
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to clean uninstall Office Jan 6, 2011

there are several articles about how to remove Office completly from your PC, the first I've found is here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
... See more
there are several articles about how to remove Office completly from your PC, the first I've found is here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
or here for Office 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office-2003-resource-kit/office-removal-wizard-HA001140177.aspx

This way you will get a PC as would no Office been ever installed and can try to install the new version.

BTW, are you a student? If not, you may not use Home and Student for productivity work, as this is a non-commercial license and using this version for example for translation work is a breach of the license agreement.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with MS Word after installing Office 2010 - help needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »