How to display MS Word Track Changes in language other than English?
Thread poster: PT Translati (X)
PT Translati (X)
PT Translati (X)
United States
Local time: 06:28
Japanese to English
Dec 28, 2010

Is it possible to display the MS Word track changes in a foreign language (without changing my entire computer's language settings)?

What I mean is that I want the track changes bubble to display, "削除" instead of "deleted".

Using English version of WIN XP, MS word 2003 (traveling on my back-up so it's all I have, but don't think it matters here). Using global IME input for Japanese like all my computers. I really don't want to have to change my entire computer's la
... See more
Is it possible to display the MS Word track changes in a foreign language (without changing my entire computer's language settings)?

What I mean is that I want the track changes bubble to display, "削除" instead of "deleted".

Using English version of WIN XP, MS word 2003 (traveling on my back-up so it's all I have, but don't think it matters here). Using global IME input for Japanese like all my computers. I really don't want to have to change my entire computer's language settings for this. I'm hoping there's a setting in Word that allows this. I already looked in tools>options>track changes, nothing there. I searched all over and can't seem to find an answer.

Perhaps someone here has experience. Thank you in advance!

[Edited at 2010-12-28 03:07 GMT]
Collapse

Germaine
Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:28
English to French
+ ...
Unfortunately... Dec 28, 2010

Display will be that of your MS-Word version. I setup my computer in Vista English and installed Office in English. I then installed a French-Canadian keyboard. Whether I work in French or in English, the Track Changes is always in English.

BUT, good news, if your open the document on a French version of Word, Track Changes will be in French. And that's what I get on my other computer, all installed with French versions of most my software.

PT Translati (X)
PT Translati (X)
United States
Local time: 06:28
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
That is good news! Dec 28, 2010

Germaine wrote:
BUT, good news, if your open the document on a French version of Word, Track Changes will be in French. And that's what I get on my other computer, all installed with French versions of most my software.

Ahh...that is good news! Problem solved then

Thanks so much for your fast response!

Vikas Chaturvedi
Vikas Chaturvedi
Local time: 18:58
Urdu to English
+ ...
Thanks... Dec 29, 2010

Yes.. Indeed

Good news..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display MS Word Track Changes in language other than English?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »