Maria Cano i Dávila
Maria Cano i Dávila
Switzerland
Local time: 02:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 20, 2021

Hello dear colleagues,
I have just moved from Spain to Switzerland and I am not sure how to issue an invoice from Switzerland to the European Union. I have some clients from Spain and I don't know if I should add any taxes to my invoice. I know that from an EU to a non-EU country I do not need to add any taxes, but if it is the opposite case how should I deal with it?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Enrique Bjarne Strand Ferrer
Enrique Bjarne Strand Ferrer
Spain
Local time: 02:35
Member (2017)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Export May 22, 2021

If you provide services from Switzerland to Spain, that would be exportation. Value added tax for exports in Switzerland is 0 %.

The buyer in Spain would probably have to pay IVA on their part, but that is not your problem.

You would also have to pay income taxes in Switzerland, but I have no idea on how that is done. But that doens't concern the buyer in Spain.

So, you need to invoice without any taxes at all. What you need to find out is how to report th
... See more
If you provide services from Switzerland to Spain, that would be exportation. Value added tax for exports in Switzerland is 0 %.

The buyer in Spain would probably have to pay IVA on their part, but that is not your problem.

You would also have to pay income taxes in Switzerland, but I have no idea on how that is done. But that doens't concern the buyer in Spain.

So, you need to invoice without any taxes at all. What you need to find out is how to report this to the Swiss tax authorities, and pay the corresponding income taxes.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to issue an invoice from Switzerland to a country in the EU

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »