Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Money transfer from Senegal - am I dealing with scam?
Thread poster: Helena Guimarães
Esmail Hematdoost
Esmail Hematdoost
Iran
Local time: 22:52
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
It seems that it is my turn this time, scammer's trap Jul 15, 2023

Yes. It is my turn in 2023. Money transfer from Senegal. I can see that the first time it has happened in 2016. So it would suggest that the so-called bernadette is working in a really running scammers' business. But this time he/she is in a dead end path, because, no money transfer, to and from, is allowed in my country, Hell.
Just wanted to reiterate among others that in 2023 sanou dao bernadette is still trying to send 50% of contract in advance without verifying the translator and seei
... See more
Yes. It is my turn in 2023. Money transfer from Senegal. I can see that the first time it has happened in 2016. So it would suggest that the so-called bernadette is working in a really running scammers' business. But this time he/she is in a dead end path, because, no money transfer, to and from, is allowed in my country, Hell.
Just wanted to reiterate among others that in 2023 sanou dao bernadette is still trying to send 50% of contract in advance without verifying the translator and seeing the work.
Thanks to the messages in this Forum. I was going to be convinced, seriously.
Collapse

ANDREJA KOVACIC
ANDREJA KOVACIC
Croatia
Local time: 21:22
Croatian to English
+ ...
Scam Nov 5, 2023

The same Adame Ba konare. This person mailed my in 2021 and I almost signed the contract but I asked for additional ID and then the communication went dead. Now, a few days ago I received a new email asking for a translation of 78 pages from English into Croatian, payment - 12,000 EUR. Definitely ready to be reported to polices authorities

Alen Ontl, PhD
Paula Mattos

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Money transfer from Senegal - am I dealing with scam?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »