Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 16:36
German to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2010

Hi Folks,

I'm posting this here because it fits with the overall topic, although it's not about localisation per se.

I am interested in finding out whether there are any tools/references (free/low-cost) for translating documents associated with Navision (now Microsoft Dynamics). These sorts of large packages always have an application-specific way of handling terminology – cf. SAP – and therefore I would be loathe to attempt a translation without some sort of termin
... See more
Hi Folks,

I'm posting this here because it fits with the overall topic, although it's not about localisation per se.

I am interested in finding out whether there are any tools/references (free/low-cost) for translating documents associated with Navision (now Microsoft Dynamics). These sorts of large packages always have an application-specific way of handling terminology – cf. SAP – and therefore I would be loathe to attempt a translation without some sort of terminology help/style guide/localisation resource, etc.

As an example: something like SAPTerm for SAP (or indeed the entire help.sap.de website). A brief google of resources has turned up very little. Not surprising since I know that one usually pays $$$ for training and similar activities for MS products.

Then again, I don't mind paying a small fee for something like the SAPTerm CD but I am obviously not planning on becoming a MSDN subscriber to the tune of several thousand dollars a year just to get access to resource materials :=)

Any help gratefully appreciated!

I have also contacted MS Deutschland but am unsure how they will handle what is probably a highly unusual request

(Of course, if someone HAS a self-made and QA'd Navision TDB free of customer-specific details lying around then this would also be very interesting...)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resources for Navision (4.0) / MS Dynamics

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »