Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 10:09
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2009

Hi everyone!
I'm new to Passolo - I've had it for a while (got it with Trados Studio 2007) but never had the time to look into it. I've finally decided to learn how to use it in my rare spare time, and started by taking one of SDL free webinars just to get an idea of what it is. I'm now going through the manual and I've practised with one of the samples given. All good, till everything I had to deal with was an .exe file.
Now I'm trying to work on some .txt files for a friend, just
... See more
Hi everyone!
I'm new to Passolo - I've had it for a while (got it with Trados Studio 2007) but never had the time to look into it. I've finally decided to learn how to use it in my rare spare time, and started by taking one of SDL free webinars just to get an idea of what it is. I'm now going through the manual and I've practised with one of the samples given. All good, till everything I had to deal with was an .exe file.
Now I'm trying to work on some .txt files for a friend, just another practising pro-bono 'job' but I can't get around to creating any string lists because, apparently, I haven't loaded 'the add-in'. Well, I've done some research into the manuals, etc. but I'm not able to work it out: does the version I've got (the one that comes with Trados Studio 2007/2009) support all the formats listed in the manual? And if so, what am I missing? How/where can I get/create(??) this add-in? Do I need to set any target path rules?
TIA for any suggestions!
Mara
Collapse

Stéphan Goldsmith
Stéphan Goldsmith
Local time: 20:09
English to French
+ ...
No support for TXT in that version Jul 24, 2009

This link to PASSOLO forum lists the restrictions applicable to Passolo Essential

http://www.passolo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=530&sid=6903798a05417a5dd8d725ffb5c19b1d

Mara Ballarini
Mara Ballarini  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 10:09
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I see Jul 24, 2009

Thank you Stéphan! I started to suspect so...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating .txt files with Passolo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »