Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 14:07
inglés al chino
+ ...
May 14, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I will be visiting Hong Kong (island to be exact) on the 28th and should be available on the afternoon of 28th from 1:30 pm - 5:00pm.

I know it's rude to post a formal Powwow message right now as it's just two weeks away. But the arrangement was on such a short notice that I couldn't decide whether to go until this morning. So, instead of organizing a formal Powwow, I wonder if it's possible that we just have a little chat in some nice little place. I s
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I will be visiting Hong Kong (island to be exact) on the 28th and should be available on the afternoon of 28th from 1:30 pm - 5:00pm.

I know it's rude to post a formal Powwow message right now as it's just two weeks away. But the arrangement was on such a short notice that I couldn't decide whether to go until this morning. So, instead of organizing a formal Powwow, I wonder if it's possible that we just have a little chat in some nice little place. I still have no idea. But any ideas will be welcome. I think somewhere with a nice cup of tea, coffee or even a coke will do.

If you like, I can also verify your ProZ identity on that day. To do this, you need to bring a valid photo ID.

I'm very interested to know about the translation market in Hong Kong and Macao. I myself have some ideas regarding collaboration, networking and marketing, etc. We could have an informal yet interesting discussion.

If any of you are interested, please post here or email me from my profile page: http://www.proz.com/profile/88537

If it's not possible for us to meet this time, maybe we can still have a little telephone chat.

Thanks to Denyce for reminding me of this.

Best,
Jianjun

[Edited at 2007-05-14 09:47]
Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
francés al chino
+ ...
香港早茶 May 14, 2007

建军:我喜欢多管闲事,建议你们找个地方饮早茶闲聊,优哉游哉......

Jianjun Zhang
Reino Unido
inglés al chino
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
早茶 May 14, 2007

chance wrote:

建军:我喜欢多管闲事,建议你们找个地方饮早茶闲聊,优哉游哉......

这个建议不错,可惜我上午有些事要办,另外其他的同仁可能也趁着上午大好时光加油干,不然的确很爽。发这贴以前我先看了一下香港同事的情况,似乎今天只有一位来过 ProZ。好在还有两个星期,希望能和大家见见面,或通个电话也好。

另外,据我观察,香港的早点铺(茶餐厅)之类小吃店似乎开门较晚。酒店早餐时间是 7 点。在我们这里 5 点钟外面就有早点卖。我在家吃早点,一般在 6 点左右。到香港就只能饿等到 7 点了。

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 08:07
chino al inglés
+ ...
powwow May 14, 2007

Jianjun,

IMO two weeks time is plenty advance notice. I actually like spontaneity, and dread engagements arranged long in advance. But that's just me; I could be an oddball on this

BTW, the Shanghai powwow is quickly approaching. I wish the attendees a great time in getting to know each other, and the powwow a great success.
... See more
Jianjun,

IMO two weeks time is plenty advance notice. I actually like spontaneity, and dread engagements arranged long in advance. But that's just me; I could be an oddball on this

BTW, the Shanghai powwow is quickly approaching. I wish the attendees a great time in getting to know each other, and the powwow a great success.

[Edited at 2007-05-15 11:36]
Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
francés al chino
+ ...
如果是周末 May 14, 2007

早茶往往是11-14点,家人聚会或谈生意的都有,要等PK他们来证实一下。

Jianjun Zhang wrote:

另外,据我观察,香港的早点铺(茶餐厅)之类小吃店似乎开门较晚。酒店早餐时间是 7 点。在我们这里 5 点钟外面就有早点卖。我在家吃早点,一般在 6 点左右。到香港就只能饿等到 7 点了。

Jianjun Zhang
Reino Unido
inglés al chino
+ ...
Anyway... May 14, 2007

If I can confirm everything, it'll be great. It's still sort of late to confirm my arrival (just reserved hotel and bought my tickets this morning). And... what if I don't show up!? The host doesn't show up! Oh my! That would be disastrous.

And unfortunately I can't go to Shanghai this time. There are many colleagues I want to talk with there. Hong, th
... See more
If I can confirm everything, it'll be great. It's still sort of late to confirm my arrival (just reserved hotel and bought my tickets this morning). And... what if I don't show up!? The host doesn't show up! Oh my! That would be disastrous.

And unfortunately I can't go to Shanghai this time. There are many colleagues I want to talk with there. Hong, the organizer, is one of them for sure. I also wish every attendee a successful one.

And now I just hope more Hong Kong and Macao colleagues will see this post.

wherestip wrote:

Jianjun,

IMO two weeks is plenty advance notice. I actually like spontaneity, and dread engagements arranged long in advance. But I could be an oddball on this

BTW, the Shanghai powwow is quickly approaching. I wish the attendees have a great time in getting to know each other, and the powwow a great success.

[Edited at 2007-05-14 12:40]
Collapse

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 09:07
Miembro 2006
inglés al chino
+ ...
不嘆早茶,就吃下午茶。 May 14, 2007

在美國,5月28日星期一是國殤日,是非正式的夏季開始,香港還未太美國化,所以沒有進口這個紀念日。不錯,早茶是到11時,之後就是午飯市。不過,點心是由早到晚都有供應。建議開個有海景的貴賓廳,這樣較幽靜,在中上的酒樓(tea house)、酒店(hotel)都會有這設置,開午餐會用,大小都有。可惜5、6、7月正是PK農忙的日子,否則一定參加。建軍兄匆匆到香港一天,只有數小時空餘,還要為PROZ作無私的奉獻,精神可嘉,不知安仔ANGUS是否打算重出江湖,忘記舊事,令我老人家放心,若真的需要小弟安排,可電郵在香港的戰友同窗,但時間會是有點緊迫。無論如何,用得著小弟的,定當盡力。

[Edited at 2007-05-14 18:59]

Jianjun Zhang
Reino Unido
inglés al chino
+ ...
谢 PK 大叔啦! May 14, 2007

这次是到港参加合作伙伴的一个展示会,由他作商业运作模式的演讲。我猜想上午 9:30-11:00 左右应该够了,如无其他安排,中午 12:00-13:00 可以到爱群 Masjid 楼上用餐等私人事宜。下午可以打几个电话,与同仁聊聊,或者亲自拜访同仁等。我发现香港那边同仁很忙,几乎没有每日来 ProZ 的。日期将近时,我会写信给几位较常在这里出现的同仁,看是否能够联络得上。
<
... See more
这次是到港参加合作伙伴的一个展示会,由他作商业运作模式的演讲。我猜想上午 9:30-11:00 左右应该够了,如无其他安排,中午 12:00-13:00 可以到爱群 Masjid 楼上用餐等私人事宜。下午可以打几个电话,与同仁聊聊,或者亲自拜访同仁等。我发现香港那边同仁很忙,几乎没有每日来 ProZ 的。日期将近时,我会写信给几位较常在这里出现的同仁,看是否能够联络得上。

pkchan wrote:

在美國,5月28日星期一是國殤日,是非正式的夏季開始,香港還未太美國化,所以沒有進口這個紀念日。不錯,早茶是到11時,之後就是午飯市。不過,點心是由早到晚都有供應。建議開個有海景的貴賓廳,這樣較幽靜,在中上的酒樓(tea house)、酒店(hotel)都會有這設置,開午餐會用,大小都有。可惜5、6、7月正是PK農忙的日子,否則一定參加。建軍兄匆匆到香港一天,只有數小時空餘,還要為PROZ作無私的奉獻,精神可嘉,不知安仔ANGUS是否打算重出江湖,忘記舊事,令我老人家放心,若真的需要小弟安排,可電郵在香港的戰友同窗,但時間會是有點緊迫。無論如何,用得著小弟的,定當盡力。

[Edited at 2007-05-14 18:59]
Collapse

Angus Woo
Angus Woo
Local time: 21:07
chino al inglés
+ ...
I got your message, Jianjun May 17, 2007

Enjoy your stay!

Will get back to you.

Jianjun Zhang
Reino Unido
inglés al chino
+ ...
Thanks Angus. May 17, 2007

I'll call....

Best,
Jianjun

Zhiqin_Chen
Zhiqin_Chen  Identity Verified
inglés al chino
+ ...
May 17, 2007

方便的话,我也想参加。
谢谢!

Jianjun Zhang
Reino Unido
inglés al chino
+ ...
欢迎你 Zhiqin May 17, 2007

奇怪,你的标题在网页上显示为乱码,但在邮箱中显示正常。原来你是说上海 Powwow,你当然可以参加,赶快到 Powwow 页面去登记一下,询问好具体地点和时间。我去不了,现在必须把手边的项目干完,月底才能去 HK。

以下作废。。。
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
不过你在哪里?如果在深圳就比较方便到香港,其他地方就有些“不值”了。因为这不是正式的 Powwow,而是
... See more
奇怪,你的标题在网页上显示为乱码,但在邮箱中显示正常。原来你是说上海 Powwow,你当然可以参加,赶快到 Powwow 页面去登记一下,询问好具体地点和时间。我去不了,现在必须把手边的项目干完,月底才能去 HK。

以下作废。。。
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
不过你在哪里?如果在深圳就比较方便到香港,其他地方就有些“不值”了。因为这不是正式的 Powwow,而是未谋面的翻译朋友小聚或通电话交流。如果你恰巧有计划到港,我们可以好好聊聊。不过即便这次不能见面,电话联系总还可以,以后有机会见面不迟。

Zhiqin_Chen wrote:

方便的话,我也想参加。
谢谢!

[Edited at 2007-05-17 21:52]
Collapse

Zhiqin_Chen
Zhiqin_Chen  Identity Verified
inglés al chino
+ ...
Jianjun, 我这次看来去不了啦,都快凌晨1:00了, 现在还在赶着修改资料呢。 May 18, 2007

明天下午要交印刷厂印刷的。只能等下次了。:(
不知道多长时间会有一次这样的聚会?
谢谢!

Jianjun Zhang
Reino Unido
inglés al chino
+ ...
再找机会 May 18, 2007

Zhiqin_Chen wrote:

明天下午要交印刷厂印刷的。只能等下次了。:(
不知道多长时间会有一次这样的聚会?
谢谢!

Powwow 是不定期的翻译人聚会,平时多注意这类宣传就行了。这次上海聚会的参加人数不少,应该是很好的交流机会,只可惜你正忙,去不了,以后再找机会吧。

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Calling on colleagues around HK and Macao

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »