Need help fixing "TagChangedError" in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor
Thread poster: Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos  Identity Verified
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Jan 3

For reference, these are the errors I am having, which came with the source material (the errors persist whether I make changes to it or not): https://postimg.cc/fS00vKK5

I think the issue I am having specifically boils down to my unable to make changes within any block in the code. However, I can remove the code altogether and replace it with something new or even any of the blocks it contains,
... See more
For reference, these are the errors I am having, which came with the source material (the errors persist whether I make changes to it or not): https://postimg.cc/fS00vKK5

I think the issue I am having specifically boils down to my unable to make changes within any block in the code. However, I can remove the code altogether and replace it with something new or even any of the blocks it contains, just not the code (such as the tag) contained in a block.

Note: I cannot edit the code outside of Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor as there are special characters (particularly, superscript) that get changed when copy-pasted on a different program (e.g., Notepad++).

Has anyone got any idea on how to fix this technical problem?

[Edited at 2024-01-03 00:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2024-01-03 06:46 GMT]
Collapse

Hung Mai
Hung Mai
Vietnam
Local time: 01:59
English to Vietnamese
Seems like false-positives Jan 3

You say these problems exist even when you don't do anything to the target segment, so I guess it's just the tool's issue in recognizing code strings that contain translatable texts. If you don't remove/delete any tags or tag pairs, I think it's safe for you to ignore them and continue with the rest.
FYI: As far as I know, the superscript thing you mention is the ordinal number created by the tool to identify tags and tag pairs within a segment, it doesn't exist in the source text.

megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:59
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Probably no problem Jan 3

It sometimes happens, and mostly comes from source already. If you just copy source to target and get the same error, it means there's no problem on your side; it just l looks ugly, but there's no harm done.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 13:25 GMT]

Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos  Identity Verified
English to Tagalog
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Jan 3

So, the workaround we did was to convert the pertinent file to a format that would allow it to be worked on in Trados Studios, and the entire process went smoothly. I was able to address the segment that was otherwise causing a problem in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor without a hitch.

With that being said, though, I am still puzzled about how the issue would have been addressed if it remained in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 13:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help fixing "TagChangedError" in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »