PayPal announces update to its Terms and Conditions

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "PayPal announces update to its Terms and Conditions".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Elmachich
Elmachich  Identity Verified
Morocco
Local time: 07:47
English to French
+ ...
PayPal fees have gone higher and do represent a big loss Mar 22, 2018

Hello,
This situation just got worse for more than a year now and the UK decision to quit the EEC.
Payments are mostly delayed from part of the UK agencies, which used to be the best ever paying agencies with Northern countries (Ireland, and Sweden and Finland and Germany) and Southern countries (South Africa) applying good fees and paying on time, sometimes while before the agred terms. US agencies are mostly systematically applying a -《50.00$ to cover bank transfer fees and rates a
... See more
Hello,
This situation just got worse for more than a year now and the UK decision to quit the EEC.
Payments are mostly delayed from part of the UK agencies, which used to be the best ever paying agencies with Northern countries (Ireland, and Sweden and Finland and Germany) and Southern countries (South Africa) applying good fees and paying on time, sometimes while before the agred terms. US agencies are mostly systematically applying a -《50.00$ to cover bank transfer fees and rates are going down at a virtiginious speed. Spain and Italy remain okay both for rates and payment terms. Syngapoor has a wonderful payment process and... no comment for rest of Asia and Eastern countries.
From our country, we cannot do anything just now, because there is only one bank who has the priviledge to use PayPal till end of next year and only for receiving our Payments (we cannot pay with PayPal for our foreign purchases). Then PayPal services will be proposed by other bank establishments and we hope the range of offered services will be extended as well.
The above, of course, are just my own and personal insights. Thank you.
Collapse

Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic
Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
Croatian to English
+ ...
PayPal (getting worse) Apr 2, 2018

Seven years ago, Paypal authorized the receipt of payments in Croatia, and I was finally able to bypass the bank wire system (with its costlier fees). A once a month deposit was made, and so I patiently waited for the transfer date so as not to incur additional fees. Well, that ended about two years later, and usually, a fee of 5-10% is taken from each transfer. It is too much.
Most recently, I changed my surname and the Paypal authorities have led me through a long, two-to-three week peri
... See more
Seven years ago, Paypal authorized the receipt of payments in Croatia, and I was finally able to bypass the bank wire system (with its costlier fees). A once a month deposit was made, and so I patiently waited for the transfer date so as not to incur additional fees. Well, that ended about two years later, and usually, a fee of 5-10% is taken from each transfer. It is too much.
Most recently, I changed my surname and the Paypal authorities have led me through a long, two-to-three week period of name verification. My ID card was uploaded, a bank statement was scanned; but until Paypal approves my account as safe to use (I have used it non-stop since 2011), I have frozen funds on my PayPal account awaiting "authorization" . I am trying to be understanding about their policies. Until I became an expat, I had no idea how these corporations tend to put third world countries through the wringer, a practice which I find deplorable. After all, we are all professionals, trying to do a job.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal announces update to its Terms and Conditions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »