Article: Finding the First Clients for Our Translation Business
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Apr 20, 2014

This topic is for discussion of the ProZ.com translation article "Finding the First Clients for Our Translation Business".

Jesus Tena
Jesus Tena
Spain
Local time: 20:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel Dec 14, 2016

After reading your article, now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel ... Quoting for dozens of posted jobs, only one replied... just to say that he already had a translator.

Your article gives me a new outlook.

Thank you very much.

Jesus.

David Morsillo
David Morsillo  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:01
French to English
+ ...
Another great article! Apr 27, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for another great article! I read another of yours about resumes/CVs, which is also great.

I've been a freelance translator, or linguist because I offer more than just translation services, for 6 months and am definitely learning a lot about how to get started and how to build a business. I see already that I have made mistakes and have stumbled along the way.

Your article is another good reminder to keep pushing, keep applying, keep follow
... See more
Hello,

Thank you for another great article! I read another of yours about resumes/CVs, which is also great.

I've been a freelance translator, or linguist because I offer more than just translation services, for 6 months and am definitely learning a lot about how to get started and how to build a business. I see already that I have made mistakes and have stumbled along the way.

Your article is another good reminder to keep pushing, keep applying, keep following up..basically to stay consistent and persistent.

I would echo your comments about networking. It's something I have not done enough of, so I'm making new efforts to network and connect with more people.

Thank you again!
Collapse

Aparecida Hitchcock (X)
Aparecida Hitchcock (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:01
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you... Jan 10, 2021

Hi,
This is the first article I read and it helped me a lot. It really encouraged me to work with translation.
Thank you for the concise way you wrote very importante things.

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 14:01
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Link not working Jan 12, 2021

Hi,

The link to the article is not working. Instead of "vls.proz.com" it should say "www.proz.com."

Patricia

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:01
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Link still not working...... Jan 13, 2021

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc. wrote:

Hi,

The link to the article is not working. Instead of "vls.proz.com" it should say "www.proz.com."

Patricia

.... also not with "www.proz.com".

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Link Jan 13, 2021

https://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/4006/

Catherine Lawson (X)
Catherine Lawson (X)
United States
English to German
+ ...
answer Jan 13, 2021

Thank you. The article is very motivating

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: Finding the First Clients for Our Translation Business

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »