Thread poster: Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Local time: 16:46
Greek to German
+ ...
Apr 21, 2019

Hello!
As I wrote in title, SDL 2019 suddenly does not recognize every full stop as end of segment (mostly does). Is there a possibility to change that behavior?

TIA
Franz

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TM settings Apr 21, 2019

Segmentation rules live in the Translation Memory settings, actually in the top translation memory if you have several TMs. So please check the Segmentation rules for that TM.

Franz Holzer

Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but I did mot change anything. Apr 21, 2019

Thank you for your response. I know where those settings are, but I did not change anything.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:46
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bilingual Excel? Apr 22, 2019

Are you by any chance working with a Bilingual Excel file? Those files are segmented after every cell, regardless of the segmentation rules in the TM. If this is not the case, do you have any examples you can share that can help us understand what you're seeing?

Franz Holzer
Franz Holzer
Greek to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word docx Apr 22, 2019

Hello Nora,
thank you for your answer. No, its a common word-docx. As I mentioned before, it suddenly happened. Since a few days before it worked like a charme. And now almost every third full stop is not recognized as end of the segment. At this moment I split the segments manually, but that is not really a solution. I will look further, if it will happen to other projects with similar settings too.

Kind regards
Franz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL 2019 suddenly does not recognize every full stop as end of segment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »