Tiziana Dandoli
Tiziana Dandoli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dec 10, 2018

Hi,
my Trados 2011 is not working, I always get error messages, and maybe I'll have to reinstall it. In the meantime, how can I work on sdlxliff files? I see that, for example, Wordfast and CafeTran can open them, but then can I save them back in sdlxliff format?
Thank you!

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Yes Dec 10, 2018

Hello Tiziana,

Many CAT tools support SDLXLIFF files, albeit with some limitations, depending on the tool. By support, I mean opening and saving translated SDLXLIFF files.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of CAT tools that handle SDLXLIFF files (some also support SDL Trados packages):

OFFLINE: MemoQ, Wordfast Pro, CafeTran Espresso, Omegat (with the Okapi Filters Plugin), Déjà Vu, Swordfish.

ONLINE: Memsource (also offers a Desktop editor), Wo
... See more
Hello Tiziana,

Many CAT tools support SDLXLIFF files, albeit with some limitations, depending on the tool. By support, I mean opening and saving translated SDLXLIFF files.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of CAT tools that handle SDLXLIFF files (some also support SDL Trados packages):

OFFLINE: MemoQ, Wordfast Pro, CafeTran Espresso, Omegat (with the Okapi Filters Plugin), Déjà Vu, Swordfish.

ONLINE: Memsource (also offers a Desktop editor), Wordfast Anywhere, Matecat, Smartcat, XTM Cloud.

Jean

[Edited at 2018-12-10 14:58 GMT]
Collapse

Vadim Kadyrov

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work on a sldxillf file and deliver a sldxillf file without Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »