How to mark sentences of 100% match in a target file?
Thread poster: yakky
yakky
yakky  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
Aug 14, 2018

Hello everyone,
My client gave me a mif file, and I translated it in trados studio. Now he wants a target pdf file in which all those sentences of 100% match need to be marked with a certain background color.
All I know is to check the sdlxliff file and manually mark those sentences one by one in the pdf file. The thought of this is frightening enough considering the number of pages of the file …
I am wondering whether there is some efficient way to achieve this purpose. for
... See more
Hello everyone,
My client gave me a mif file, and I translated it in trados studio. Now he wants a target pdf file in which all those sentences of 100% match need to be marked with a certain background color.
All I know is to check the sdlxliff file and manually mark those sentences one by one in the pdf file. The thought of this is frightening enough considering the number of pages of the file …
I am wondering whether there is some efficient way to achieve this purpose. for example, software tools, plug -ins, trados studio setting, conversion method and etc.
Could anyone give me some advice?
Many many THANKS!

[修改时间: 2018-08-14 23:46 GMT]

[修改时间: 2018-08-15 03:03 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:22
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
export project into Trados bilingual format? Aug 15, 2018

yakky wrote:

Hello everyone,
I am wondering whether there is some efficient way to achieve this purpose. for example, software tools, plug -ins, trados studio setting, conversion method and etc.
Could anyone give me some advice?
Many many THANKS!

[修改时间: 2018-08-14 23:46 GMT]

[修改时间: 2018-08-15 03:03 GMT]

Not exactly what you are asking but you could always export your project into Trados bilingual format (.docx with a table), because as far as I know the various match categories are shown with different highlighting colours in these documents.

Michael

yakky
yakky  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But that will lose layout Aug 15, 2018

My client will not accept this kind of review file in table format as they need the layout of the source file.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:22
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
What about filtering on 100% matches? Aug 15, 2018

First: I think you must ask to be paid by the hour to do what the client is asking, as this could be rather time consuming.

But what I would do, is filtering on all 100% segments and mark them the way your client is asking.

As you do not have Framemaker, I cannot see that you are even able to creating pdf files. And marking pdf files that the client has provided to you doesn't seem to be the way to go - it would be way too time consuming if the project is large, and aga
... See more
First: I think you must ask to be paid by the hour to do what the client is asking, as this could be rather time consuming.

But what I would do, is filtering on all 100% segments and mark them the way your client is asking.

As you do not have Framemaker, I cannot see that you are even able to creating pdf files. And marking pdf files that the client has provided to you doesn't seem to be the way to go - it would be way too time consuming if the project is large, and again, you definitely must ask to be paid by the hour for that. Perhaps they then will realise this is not economically feasible.

Anyway, here is my suggestion:
Filtering on 100% matches: In Translation (or Review) mode, go to the Review tab. In the Display Filter section change All segments to 100% matches.
I think this will make it much easier for you to mark all the segments in the chosen colour. It still will take a little time, though.

Hope this will at least help part of the way.

[Edited at 2018-08-15 09:38 GMT]
Collapse

yakky
yakky  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Aug 15, 2018

Hi everyone,
Finally found a good solution from another post.
There is highlight formatting tool in QuickInsert.
All I need to do is to filter the display to 100% match in editor, select all target text, and insert the highlight tags.
The mif.sdlxliff file will carry these highlight formatting information.
This proves again that I still have lots to learn on Trados Studio. Thanks, everyone!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to mark sentences of 100% match in a target file?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »