Annett Roessner
Annett Roessner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:10
Member (2017)
English to German
Aug 9, 2018

Hi all

I have just upgraded both Studio 2017 and also downloaded Studio 2019 and thankfully I can now work on Transit packages in Studio. Yes, it's like a dream come true. So, I had a play with some old Transit files and now I am wondering what I need to include in the return package that I send back to the agency. Preferably, I don't want to send my own TM (i.e. my main TM) but only the updated TMs the agency sent me as part of the Transit project package.

Any help wou
... See more
Hi all

I have just upgraded both Studio 2017 and also downloaded Studio 2019 and thankfully I can now work on Transit packages in Studio. Yes, it's like a dream come true. So, I had a play with some old Transit files and now I am wondering what I need to include in the return package that I send back to the agency. Preferably, I don't want to send my own TM (i.e. my main TM) but only the updated TMs the agency sent me as part of the Transit project package.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Kind regards

Annett
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Target language file Aug 9, 2018

I can’t remember whether the Studio plugin creates Transit return packages (.tpf).

If it doesn’t, you just need to return the target language file. No need to send any exported Studio TMs.

Annett Roessner
Australia
Local time: 23:11
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Hans, it does indeed create a .tpf... Aug 9, 2018

… I selected the whole folder with all subfolders that were created by Studio to create the return package , which would include my own TM if I'm not wrong?

If I only select the target file folder, would the agency receive the TM for the file they asked me to translate?

Thanks

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
ZIP Aug 9, 2018

Annett Roessner wrote:

… I selected the whole folder with all subfolders that were created by Studio to create the return package , which would include my own TM if I'm not wrong?

I don't think so.

If I only select the target file folder, would the agency receive the TM for the file they asked me to translate?

Thanks

To be sure, add '.zip' to the .tpf package, open the ZIP file and check its content.

Annett Roessner
Australia
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank Hans, Aug 13, 2018

that’s really handy to know. I will try it next time on a new translation to see what it looks like and give an update.

Fingers crossed all will work.

Best regards,

Annett

Annett Roessner
Australia
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
It's working a treat... Sep 4, 2018

Hi all,

I just thought I'll give an update as promised after road testing the Transit Package Handler in Studio 2019 a few times.

All I can say is, it's working really great. No issues so far, other than having to shut down and open Studio every time I want to open a new Transit package.

Considering what a pain Transit is, I can live with this small flaw.

All the best.

Annett

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit return Package in Studio 2017 or 2019

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »