Francesca Siotto
Francesca Siotto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:54
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 23, 2018

Hi,
my cat jumped on my keyboard while I was translating in Studio 2017, I don't know what was pressed but all of a sudden the cursor has stopped moving to the next segment after Ctrl+Enter, and the same happens when I use the shortcut with the mouse. How do I fix this?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:54
Danish to English
+ ...
Feline misbehaviour Mar 23, 2018

Well, it is a CAT tool after all.

I'd close the application and restart it. Remember to save the document first.

I have taught my cats not to walk or jump on the keyboard, so I fortunately don't have such problems.

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Job quickly done Mar 23, 2018

Your cat most probably confirmed all your segments. Can you check if this is the case? If yes, just unconfirm them.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:54
Danish to English
+ ...
This man's dinner was unconfirmed by his cat Mar 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f679wqZttE

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
English to German
Shortcut Mar 23, 2018

Sometimes shortcuts seem to disappear or change out of the blue. Maybe this has happened here.

You can check this by going to „Start“ > „Options“ > „Keyboard shortcuts“.
„Confirm and move to next segment“ (or something like this, I am using a German version) should be „Strg+Enter“. If not, just change it this way and everything is going to work as before.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
Not only the 'CAT's' fault I think... Mar 24, 2018

For some reason in Studio 2017, the CTRL-Down does not move to the next segment although it is defined as such in the keyboard shortcuts, also the arrow up / arrow down in the Navigation part of the ribbon don't work. And my 3 cats are definitly not the culprits!

Mike

[Edited at 2018-03-24 05:05 GMT]

Ulrich Schramm

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
User profiles Mar 24, 2018

MikeTrans wrote:

For some reason in Studio 2017, the CTRL-Down does not move to the next segment although it is defined as such in the keyboard shortcuts, also the arrow up / arrow down in the Navigation part of the ribbon don't work. And my 3 cats are definitly not the culprits!

The shortcuts (and many other things) depend on the profile you are using. You may want to check this information:
https://tinyurl.com/yawj83rk

Hans Geluk
Hans Geluk  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Different behaviour of "Control + Down" desperately needed Jul 16, 2018

I have the same problem and I think that the function "Move to next segment" is wrongly programmed by SDL.

When I review my own (already confirmed) translation in the Editor, I desperately need a way to quickly move to the next segment without confirming anything, especially for long segments. I just want to be moved to the next segment. I hate to have to scroll with my mouse, use "Control + Alt + Enter" (which reconfirms my segment unnecessarily) or click on the scroll bar with my
... See more
I have the same problem and I think that the function "Move to next segment" is wrongly programmed by SDL.

When I review my own (already confirmed) translation in the Editor, I desperately need a way to quickly move to the next segment without confirming anything, especially for long segments. I just want to be moved to the next segment. I hate to have to scroll with my mouse, use "Control + Alt + Enter" (which reconfirms my segment unnecessarily) or click on the scroll bar with my mouse. Hence, I hate reviewing my translations in Trados.

Again: just move me to the next segment. Why would SDL care if the segment is confirmed or not?

Let me know if I'm missing something, if I'm silly or if this can be taken into account for Trados 2019.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2018-07-16 16:52 GMT]
Collapse

Ulrich Schramm
Hani Hassaan

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:54
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Autohotkey script Jul 16, 2018

Hi Hans,

I don't think it's realistic to expect for this to be implemented soon, but the good news is that you can use an AutoHotkey script to give you this functionality immediately. I saw your idea post in the SDL Community and added my reply there, but here it is again:

This is the AHK script I use to move to the next segment without confirming or changing anything else:

#IfWinActive ahk_exe SDLTradosStudio.exe
;------------------------------------
... See more
Hi Hans,

I don't think it's realistic to expect for this to be implemented soon, but the good news is that you can use an AutoHotkey script to give you this functionality immediately. I saw your idea post in the SDL Community and added my reply there, but here it is again:

This is the AHK script I use to move to the next segment without confirming or changing anything else:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Go to next segment
PgDn::
Send ^{PgDn}
Send {Down}
Send ^{PgUp}
return

This uses the Page Down key as the hotkey, but you can easily adapt it to use whatever key or key combination you'd like to use.

If you're new to AutoHotkey, all you need to do is:

1. Download AutoHotkey and install it. (https://autohotkey.com/download/)
2. Right click in any folder where you'd like to save the script, select New - AutoHoktey Script, then give this file any name you'd like (such as Move to Next Segment)
3. Open this file with a text editor (I like Notepad++), copy and paste the script above into the body of the file.
4. Save the file
5. Double-click the file to load the script

After doing this, pressing the hotkey, in this case Page Down, will perform the desired action of moving the cursor to the next segment.
Collapse

Wojciech Sztukowski

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:54
English to Russian
Thank you Nora Jul 17, 2018

for your script.

My AHK is portable, probably this is why there is no Autohotkey Script option in the 'New' menu. If somebody else uses portable AHK, create a new 'Text Document' (txt) file and after pasting Nora's script, change 'txt' to 'ahk'.

However, I suppose going one segment up is as useful as going to next. I am not that smart in AHK as Nora, but I added a 'mirrored' half of the same script to read as follows:

#IfWinActive ahk_exe SDLTradosStudio.e
... See more
for your script.

My AHK is portable, probably this is why there is no Autohotkey Script option in the 'New' menu. If somebody else uses portable AHK, create a new 'Text Document' (txt) file and after pasting Nora's script, change 'txt' to 'ahk'.

However, I suppose going one segment up is as useful as going to next. I am not that smart in AHK as Nora, but I added a 'mirrored' half of the same script to read as follows:

;Go to next segment
PgDn::
Send ^{PgDn}
Send {Down}
Send ^{PgUp}
return

;Go to previous segment
PgUp::
Send ^{PgUp}
Send {Up}
Send ^{PgDn}
return

Now it works in both directions.
Thank you again.

[Edited at 2018-07-17 03:17 GMT]
Collapse

Nora Diaz

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
CTRL+DOWN/UP shortcuts? Jul 17, 2018

Hans Geluk wrote:

[…]
Again: just move me to the next segment. Why would SDL care if the segment is confirmed or not?
Let me know if I'm missing something, if I'm silly or if this can be taken into account for Trados 2019.
[Edited at 2018-07-16 16:52 GMT]

May I suggest the default shortcuts CTRL+DOWN and CTRL+UP to move 1 segment up or down? Don't they work for you?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2017 - "move to next segment" not working anymore

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »