Could you add "border line" for segments?
Thread poster: Regi2006
Regi2006
Regi2006  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 11:53
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Mar 23, 2018

Dear SDL support,

I work with Trados Studio 2017.

Is that possible for you to give an option for me to have a border line between one segment and the next one? Please see the red line in the image below.

screenshot

The reason is that when translating I prefer to have white background color for all segments so that I can easily detect any typos with that red underline. Besides, white background is easy in the eyes too if you work all day. So, I set the "segment shading ratio" to the lowest.

screenshot 2

However, I think it will be much more convenient for me if I am able to easily differentiate between one segment and the subsequent one if you have some "border line" feature. Well, maybe it's like this example from SDLX.

SDLX

Is there a way for me to do that? Or could you introduce it in your next update?

Many thanks

[Edited at 2018-03-23 10:33 GMT]

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Option to change cursor color/thickness Mar 23, 2018

And while we're at it, I also need to be able to change the color and thickness of the cursor.

You know, with such white segment background, an option for me to be able to set my cursor to a thick colored one would be great.

Thanks

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:53
Danish to English
+ ...
Totally agree Mar 23, 2018

I have been trying to find the same feature. Non-white backgrounds make the text more difficult to read, particularly when you reach a certain age, so I have set the background shading to close to imperceptible. But then it becomes difficult to distinguish one segment from another.

A thin line between the segments would be much better. As in MemoQ and Memsource.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move the status column from the middle to the right (or perhaps the left
... See more
I have been trying to find the same feature. Non-white backgrounds make the text more difficult to read, particularly when you reach a certain age, so I have set the background shading to close to imperceptible. But then it becomes difficult to distinguish one segment from another.

A thin line between the segments would be much better. As in MemoQ and Memsource.

Also, it would be nice to be able to move the status column from the middle to the right (or perhaps the left). It should not be the centre of attention between the source and target columns.
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:53
English to Italian
SDL website? Mar 23, 2018

I haven't noticed SDL's representatives posts here as of late, so perhaps they stopped following threads on ProZ and "retreated" to the SDL fora?

At any rate, about feature suggestions: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/315223-how_to_make_feature_requests_for_sdl_trados_studio.html

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Yes, better as a suggestion on the SDL site Mar 23, 2018

The direct link to the suggestion page is https://community.sdl.com/ideas/translation-productivity-ideas/i/trados-studio-ideas .

Let us know when you have posted it, so I can vote for it.

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the link Mar 23, 2018

Thanks for the link, Mirko.

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

The direct link to the suggestion page is https://community.sdl.com/ideas/translation-productivity-ideas/i/trados-studio-ideas .

Let us know when you have posted it, so I can vote for it.

Thanks Thomas, I already post the request here.

https://community.sdl.com/ideas/translation-productivity-ideas/i/trados-studio-ideas/thin-line-between-segments-in-trados-studio

Thank you

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Status Column Mar 23, 2018

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
Also, it would be nice to be able to move the status column from the middle to the right (or perhaps the left). It should not be the centre of attention between the source and target columns.

I have also posted the request for this feature in a separate thread here:

https://community.sdl.com/ideas/translation-productivity-ideas/i/trados-studio-ideas/could-you-move-the-status-column-from-the-middle-to-the-right-or-perhaps-the-left-in-sdl-trados-studio

Thanks

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Thanks Mar 23, 2018

Excellent, thanks. I was a bit lazy.

Regi2006
Indonesia
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Mar 23, 2018

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Excellent, thanks. I was a bit lazy.

Haha, no prob. I just received an email notification from them that the status for both requests had been changed to "Under Community Review".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could you add "border line" for segments?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »