Thread poster: Gary Evans
Gary Evans
Gary Evans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:21
German to English
Mar 21, 2018

Hi folks,

Some of you may not like MT, but DeepL is the best show in town. It's now available via their website for integration into Trados for a monthly fee.

https://www.deepl.com/pro.html

BTW I am also using DeepL on FoundCAT, my own CAT tool which I use for helping students learn foreign languages. You can try out different MT offers for free via FoundCAT here:
... See more
Hi folks,

Some of you may not like MT, but DeepL is the best show in town. It's now available via their website for integration into Trados for a monthly fee.

https://www.deepl.com/pro.html

BTW I am also using DeepL on FoundCAT, my own CAT tool which I use for helping students learn foreign languages. You can try out different MT offers for free via FoundCAT here:

https://foundcat.bluecloud.academy

FoundCAT is browser-based and you will need to register. At the moment only English & German are available as source languages. More will follow with this open source project.

Happy translating!

Gary
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Credit card declined Mar 23, 2018

Anyone else get a 'credit card declined' message when trying to create a DeepLpro account? Am thinking it must be something at DeepL's end, as my card is perfectly valid.

Olly

Gary Evans
Gary Evans  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
My credit card worked Mar 23, 2018

Maybe try with the full name that's on your card. It worked for me.

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Anyone else get a 'credit card declined' message when trying to create a DeepLpro account? Am thinking it must be something at DeepL's end, as my card is perfectly valid.

Olly

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
A bit too expensive for me. Mar 23, 2018

20 dollars per month is a bit too steep for me, especially that even if one month you just need to translate 50,000 characters, you will be charged 20 USD anyway.
Shame they haven't applied similar policy to Google Translate where you are charged for the usage from the very beginning, not after you exceed the magical 1 million characters. Or at least they could have set the limit slightly lower, say at 200,000 for lower price.
I guess I'll try it one month and see if in combination w
... See more
20 dollars per month is a bit too steep for me, especially that even if one month you just need to translate 50,000 characters, you will be charged 20 USD anyway.
Shame they haven't applied similar policy to Google Translate where you are charged for the usage from the very beginning, not after you exceed the magical 1 million characters. Or at least they could have set the limit slightly lower, say at 200,000 for lower price.
I guess I'll try it one month and see if in combination with Trados's excellent Autosuggest it visibly boosts my performance or not.

[Edited at 2018-03-23 21:20 GMT]
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:21
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You better try GT4T Mar 24, 2018

Wojciech_ wrote:

I guess I'll try it one month and see if in combination with Trados's excellent Autosuggest it visibly boosts my performance or not.

I am not linked in any sense to GT4T. I am just a satisfied user.

What I know is that GT4T gives you access not only to DeepL, but to Google Translate and Bing Translator too. It works not only with Studio but with any major CAT tool (I use it with Wordfast, DéjàVu and MemoQ). I pay USD 6 per month and have never reached any limit, although sometimes I have translated 500,000 characters per month.

They also offer a trial period.

https://gt4t.net/en/

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
GT4T - thanks for the tip Mar 24, 2018

Jorge Payan wrote:
What I know is that GT4T gives you access not only to DeepL, but to Google Translate and Bing Translator too. It works not only with Studio but with any major CAT tool (I use it with Wordfast, DéjàVu and MemoQ). I pay USD 6 per month and have never reached any limit, although sometimes I have translated 500,000 characters per month.
https://gt4t.net/en/

I am also a satisfied user of GT4T, but I have not tried linking it up to DeepL. I have no experience with DeepL, so I am curious to see how it works at least.

Update: Pity: GT4T supports DeepL, but DeepL does not support Norwegian regretably.

Roy

[Edited at 2018-03-24 15:04 GMT]

Michael Dollman
Michael Dollman  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
DeepL with Trados Studio 2019 Oct 17, 2019

The DeepL API works fine in Studio 2019. The only problem I see is that the translation agency sees "AT" and "DeepL Transator provider using DeepL Translator" as the segment status, i.e. it is apparent that this tool is being used and there may be objections to this, e.g. on grounds of client confidentiality. Does anyone know a way around this?

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:21
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Is that the professional thing to do? Oct 17, 2019

Michael Dollman wrote:
it is apparent that this tool is being used and there may be objections to this, e.g. on grounds of client confidentiality. Does anyone know a way around this?

Why would you try to get round it if a client has forbidden the use of MT? I mean, DeepL is MT, is it not?
Sometimes client requests appear unreasonable, but if you accept the job on those terms, you should be sticking to them.

If the terms are too onerous, surely the right thing to do is to decline the project and explain why. They may change their mind and let you use MT after all.

Regards,
Dan

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:21
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
‘RyS DeepL Pro Translator’ (Studio app from RyS) Oct 17, 2019

Michael Dollman wrote:

The DeepL API works fine in Studio 2019. The only problem I see is that the translation agency sees "AT" and "DeepL Transator provider using DeepL Translator" as the segment status, i.e. it is apparent that this tool is being used and there may be objections to this, e.g. on grounds of client confidentiality. Does anyone know a way around this?

I suggest using the Studio plugin: ‘RyS DeepL Pro Translator’.

see: http://www.rycat.cn/products/refdict.htm
It doesn't seem to be in the SDL Apps store yet, although all the other RyS apps are: https://appstore.sdl.com/language/list/?search=rys

I don't have this particular plug-in myself, but the other plugins from RyS allows you to change what is shown downstream. Like this:

RyS2

RyS

Michael

PS: as to whether it is ethical, I'll leave that conundrum for another day

Jorge Payan

Umberto Menon
Umberto Menon  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
French to Italian
+ ...
help with deepL plugin Dec 18, 2019

Hello everyone! I am trying to download deepl plugin from appstore but it's not working.
Can anyone pls send it to me by email?

[email protected]

TIA

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Umberto Dec 18, 2019

Umberto Menon wrote:
I am trying to download DeepL plugin from the Appstore but it's not working.

Well, to begin with, are you logged in? If you visit this page:
https://appstore.sdl.com/list/?search=DeepL
...do you see the four DeepL apps listed there?

appstore

If so, which one of the four apps are you trying to download?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Valid licence for Studio Dec 18, 2019

Umberto Menon wrote:
Hello everyone! I am trying to download deepl plugin from appstore but it's not working.

Also please note that you need to have a valid licence for the 2017 or 2019 versions of Studio in your account for this to be available to you. You only seem to have 2011 in your account so it will not work for you even if you do get hold of the plugin.

Paul.

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:21
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
DeepL is also available as an application for Windows and MacOS Dec 18, 2019

It works basically for any editable text appearing in the screen, no matter what the particular software is, and leaves no traces of having been used. As they say "Select text in any application and simply press Ctrl+C twice to translate it. Adapt the translation as you like; copy it, or paste it directly back into your text; keep working."

I have tried it only for Windows.
... See more
It works basically for any editable text appearing in the screen, no matter what the particular software is, and leaves no traces of having been used. As they say "Select text in any application and simply press Ctrl+C twice to translate it. Adapt the translation as you like; copy it, or paste it directly back into your text; keep working."

Visit: https://www.deepl.com/app

Saludos
Collapse

ChristopherLord

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
@Jorge Dec 18, 2019

Jorge Payan wrote:

Visit: https://www.deepl.com/app

Saludos

Thanks, will try it out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DEEPL Pro is now available for Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »