Trying to activate Studio 2014, get error message that license is for 2011??
Thread poster: James Laughton
James Laughton
James Laughton  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:00
Chinese to English
Nov 17, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to activate my extra license for Trados 2014 Freelance Plus on a laptop.

When I try to use the activation code for online activation I get the error "The license does not support SDL Trados Studio 2014".

Then I tried the offline activation and get the message "Activation successful" BUT Trados now tells me on the Product Activation wizard that my active license is for SDL Trados Studio 2011 Professional "The active license does not suppo
... See more
Hello,

I am trying to activate my extra license for Trados 2014 Freelance Plus on a laptop.

When I try to use the activation code for online activation I get the error "The license does not support SDL Trados Studio 2014".

Then I tried the offline activation and get the message "Activation successful" BUT Trados now tells me on the Product Activation wizard that my active license is for SDL Trados Studio 2011 Professional "The active license does not support this version of the product. Deactivate license and activate a valid license for this product".

I don't understand this! I have bought 2014 and have never owned 2011 Professional. Why would it tell me the license is for 2011?

All I can think of is the laptop I am using was given to me by a friend and they may have used 2011 (although they tell me they never have). However it was a clean wipe so there is no 2011 installed on there.

I raised a ticket with SDL but they did not have any comment as to why this might be, just said they would reset my license. But the same thing is happening. Do I need to somehow get a copy of 2011 and use that? Or download it and then deactivate it, then I'll be able to use my 2014?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's baffling!
Collapse

SDL_Guillaume
SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 03:00
License Nov 17, 2015

Hello James,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

So we can assist you further, could you send me in an email the 6 digits order number of your license?

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Nolwenn Marjou
Nolwenn Marjou
France
Local time: 04:00
English to French
+ ...
Same issue Mar 23, 2018

Hello,

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue with my license. I needed to reinstall Trados after some time on a new computer. Installation goes smoothly, but it goes south when I try to activate. Online activation fails saying that the license is not supported and offline activation says that Trados 2011 is activated (but it still does not work).

I do not really need to upgrade right now and I would like to be able to use the license that I purchase...
... See more
Hello,

I am currently experiencing the exact same issue with my license. I needed to reinstall Trados after some time on a new computer. Installation goes smoothly, but it goes south when I try to activate. Online activation fails saying that the license is not supported and offline activation says that Trados 2011 is activated (but it still does not work).

I do not really need to upgrade right now and I would like to be able to use the license that I purchase...
Can anyone help with this?

Cheers
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to activate Studio 2014, get error message that license is for 2011??

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »