It's summer (in most places). How about a group dinner, compliments of the ProZ.com community?
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:34
SITE FOUNDER
Jun 19, 2018

Hi folks,

In January, Mike from the ProZ.com team had an idea and announced an offer in the ProZ.com blog. Basically, if a new member joins as a Plus subscriber at a powwow, instead of the money being sent to ProZ.com, it can be used toward the cost of everyone's meal.

When the offer was first made, it was supposed to be good only through April. But it has b
... See more
Hi folks,

In January, Mike from the ProZ.com team had an idea and announced an offer in the ProZ.com blog. Basically, if a new member joins as a Plus subscriber at a powwow, instead of the money being sent to ProZ.com, it can be used toward the cost of everyone's meal.

When the offer was first made, it was supposed to be good only through April. But it has been taken advantage of a few times, and last week, by request, the offer was honored for a new member in Ukraine. (Welcome, Kateryna!) It sounds like a great time was once again had by all, so we thought we should extend the period for the offer through the summer.

In the words of ProZ.com staff member Helen, "it's summer and time to relax and benefit from the website". So please consider having a powwow, and maybe free (or subsidized) dinner and drinks, in your area, compliments of the ProZ.com community.

For details, see the blog post.

And for those in Argentina (or winter, anywhere) how about a powwow to warm up the body and spirits?
Collapse

Mike Donlin
Ivana Kahle
Shatlyk Penayev
Mara Martinez
Maria da Glória Teixeira
paola zanetti

Kateryna Melnychenko
Kateryna Melnychenko  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:34
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Thanks, Henry! Jun 19, 2018

I had a really great time at the powwow and I'm happy that I've taken advantage of this offer! I liked being together with all those precious people I came to know at the meeting. When I am the Plus Member it feels like being continuously with the team. Everything will be ok now. I have no doubt about this.

P.S. Thanks to Helen Shepelenko for organizing and for the photos!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

It's summer (in most places). How about a group dinner, compliments of the ProZ.com community?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »