Thread poster: Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 05:16
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Mar 20, 2018

I tried to ask a help from site staff a thousands times concerning this issue (in posts, in support ticket).
According to the staff it was fixed. It is not fixed.

On this page my login session data says:

32d 19h 50m ago

I checked the same page 2 mins ago and it said:

18d 4h 5m ago

Meanwhile I logged in today.

Also it is interesting that when I clicked on a directory link where my name appeared in
... See more
I tried to ask a help from site staff a thousands times concerning this issue (in posts, in support ticket).
According to the staff it was fixed. It is not fixed.

On this page my login session data says:

32d 19h 50m ago

I checked the same page 2 mins ago and it said:

18d 4h 5m ago

Meanwhile I logged in today.

Also it is interesting that when I clicked on a directory link where my name appeared in the directory a few days ago, now I clicked on the exactly same directory link and my name is not in the directory today.

Since 5 days I don't have visitors from directories, so there is definitely something going on.

These very disturbing and unexplainable anomalies started a year ago (sent support ticket - no solution), when I realized that in the directory only the 1st page of translators appeared in the directory. The rest of the members and non-members were not shown. And when I clicked on the exact link a few hrs later, then the normal directory appeared with all members and non-members. I didn't delete any caches etc.

I'm really wondering when the site staff will admit the truth what's going on with the site.

[Edited at 2018-03-20 11:38 GMT]
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
According to the site staff Mar 20, 2018

Login session data are different because proz has multiple servers and it's a kind of server delay. But this cannot be the reason of this anomaly, because things on the site are changing from a minute to another minute.
32 days ago or 18 days ago: the difference was only 1 minute.
Just as directory anomalies change from minute to minute.

[Edited at 2018-03-20 15:29 GMT]

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:16
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Multiple devices/browsers Mar 21, 2018

Hover over your name in the upper right corner of the screen, and go to the bottom of that large menu.
That's where you see "Last login on this device:".
Click on the time there.
You will see another pop-up window. (If you have pop-up windows disabled, then you won't see this until you allow pop-ups.)
In the pop-up window you will see this explanation:
"This page provides information about active login sessions for this account. If you have more than one session
... See more
Hover over your name in the upper right corner of the screen, and go to the bottom of that large menu.
Click on the time there.
You will see another pop-up window. (If you have pop-up windows disabled, then you won't see this until you allow pop-ups.)
"This page provides information about active login sessions for this account. If you have more than one session listed here, it generally means that over time you have logged in from different web browsers or computers without logging back out again. In that case, click "log out other sessions" below so that only this current web browser will remain logged in to your account."

The list you see there may provide clues why you are seeing different information at times.
Perhaps try logging out of all sessions, then log back in.
You may still have the server delay issue and you may still see an incorrect "Last login on this device:" data, but I assume that would correct itself over time, whenever ProZ' servers get synchronized.

I use ProZ and stay logged in on multiple devices so I usually have multiple sessions open - therefore I don't expect my login info be correct and I honestly don't care what it is - it does not affect my use of ProZ in any way.

[Edited at 2018-03-21 15:31 GMT]
Collapse

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your answer Mar 21, 2018

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Click on the time there.
"This page provides information about active login sessions for this account. If you have more than one session listed here, it generally means that over time you have logged in from different web browsers or computers without logging back out again. In that case, click "log out other sessions" below so that only this current web browser will remain logged in to your account."

The list you see there may provide clues why you are seeing different information at times.
Perhaps try logging out of all sessions, then log back in.
You may still have the server delay issue and you may still see an incorrect "Last login on this device:" data, but I assume that would correct itself over time, whenever ProZ' servers get synchronized.

I use ProZ and stay logged in on multiple devices so I usually have multiple sessions open - therefore I don't expect my login info be correct and I honestly don't care what it is - it does not affect my use of ProZ in any way.

[Edited at 2018-03-21 15:31 GMT]

Thank you for your concern and help, Katalin.
It seems we skipped 13 days between yesterday and today because today it says: 19d 8h 28m ago.
On the other page it says: 34d 52m ago.)
I wouldn't bother about it if I didn't experience other anomalies.

I know the pop-up version and I know it should show the exact login details. I'm using 1 browser, 1 device and in 99% my pop-up says: It seems this account is logged in other locations (I don't know the exact wording, because just as today I usually click on log out from other sessions). How can I have other sessions if I use proz on 1 device and on 1 browser? Ip address is shown correctly. I cannot see other ip addresses.
And now having weird visitors on my profile since the 20th of March. This happened before.
That's why I'm trying to figure out so hard since a long time what's going on.

And if I take into account the other anomalies I mentioned: in summer I was forced to log out from proz and had to log in a couple of times. I changed my password a couple of times and still I was forced to log out. And then I figured out that my availability was changed to red/non-available. I'm not the only person who experienced that. Also I have figured out that my audio greeting was deleted from my profile.
I have sent print screen to the staff when the directory didn't show my name or showed only 1st page of the directory ("the rest of the translators were gone in cyberspace"). It is not my pc, because I talked with other members, even outsourcers and they also experienced unexplainable things.

I know (and others also experienced) that something is going and I know that there are people who actually know what's going on...

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alice in Wonderland Mar 23, 2018

Not that I'd be interested in any of the recent job board jobs, but I didn't receive any notifications of these.

It says:
Vetting and notifications sent at: Mar 23, 2018 01:09 CET (GMT+1)
Vetting and notifications sent at: Mar 22, 2018 18:18 CET (GMT+1)

Meanwhile my notification history said: none of these notifications were sent and indeed I didn't receive them.

Also when I click on a page on the site, I'm logged in, then in the next minute I
... See more
Not that I'd be interested in any of the recent job board jobs, but I didn't receive any notifications of these.

It says:
Vetting and notifications sent at: Mar 23, 2018 01:09 CET (GMT+1)
Vetting and notifications sent at: Mar 22, 2018 18:18 CET (GMT+1)

Meanwhile my notification history said: none of these notifications were sent and indeed I didn't receive them.

Also when I click on a page on the site, I'm logged in, then in the next minute I'm logged out, then go back to the page and I'm logged in.)
And when I tried to open the mail monitor page, first it was opened as: https://archive.proz.com/?sp=mail_monitor

This site is getting like Alice in Wonderland. lol
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Broken? Mar 23, 2018

I'm usually always logged in on my PC and smartphone, but a few minutes ago I refreshed a page and noticed I was logged out for no apparent reason. I've always known the "Last login" info was off, but never really bothered to discuss it or open a ticket. Right now it says (alternatively...) that my last login was 86 days ago OR 1 day and 22 hours ago...

I also tried to "log out other sessions" a couple days ago, but it seems it didn't really do much.

At any rate, althou
... See more
I'm usually always logged in on my PC and smartphone, but a few minutes ago I refreshed a page and noticed I was logged out for no apparent reason. I've always known the "Last login" info was off, but never really bothered to discuss it or open a ticket. Right now it says (alternatively...) that my last login was 86 days ago OR 1 day and 22 hours ago...

I also tried to "log out other sessions" a couple days ago, but it seems it didn't really do much.

At any rate, although it appears this needs fixing, I guess it would be a "real" issue only if this data is used as a search parameter in the upcoming new directory search or in some other site feature.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Login session and directory anomalies

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »