Thread poster: MollyRose
MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 23, 2021

I read somewhat recently where someone asked how to accept all track changes in a MemoQ file. While looking for the place to change the case sensitivity in the source word while adding new terms to the TB to None (but I keep Permissive for the target), I found this:

Under File/Options/Miscellaneous/Import,Export, you can accept or reject all of them, or you can export them into the target file. I don't know if this answers their particular question, but I hope this helps.
... See more
I read somewhat recently where someone asked how to accept all track changes in a MemoQ file. While looking for the place to change the case sensitivity in the source word while adding new terms to the TB to None (but I keep Permissive for the target), I found this:

Under File/Options/Miscellaneous/Import,Export, you can accept or reject all of them, or you can export them into the target file. I don't know if this answers their particular question, but I hope this helps.

When I first set up MemoQ, I set new terms to Permissive case sensitivity for both source and target. It is really nice for use in the target! However, I have noticed some segments don´t show a term that I know I created, and I finally realized why. I did a test and found that Permissive doesn´t show if the word was capitalized when the term was created and my source has it in lowercase. But if I create the term with it changed to None under the Source, then it shows up. Does anyone know where I can change this default?
Collapse

MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found it! Mar 24, 2021

To make new terms not case sensitive, go to the Resource Panel, Termbases, choose the TB and Properties. You can change the case sensitivity for all your chosen languages.

You can also choose Edit, which brings up the whole TB. There, you can change the case sensitivity for existing terms by selecting one at a time or a bunch at a time, for each language!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accept all track changes/default case sensitivity for new terms

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »