MemoQ won't show me new server name and let me check out their projects (RESOLVED)
Thread poster: Omer faruk apak
Omer faruk apak
Omer faruk apak  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:02
Member (2018)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Mar 9, 2021

I use MemoQ 9.6.16 with free licence and it is a disaster whenever one of my clients assigns me a Pro licence for a few projects and I can only actually start to work after emailing my client several times asking her to reset my credentials several times. And this time, there is this whole new urgent problem:

I have added a client as a CAL Server and seemingly I am perfectly connected to their Server with their Pro licence and I have also deleted login credentials of the other clien
... See more
I use MemoQ 9.6.16 with free licence and it is a disaster whenever one of my clients assigns me a Pro licence for a few projects and I can only actually start to work after emailing my client several times asking her to reset my credentials several times. And this time, there is this whole new urgent problem:

I have added a client as a CAL Server and seemingly I am perfectly connected to their Server with their Pro licence and I have also deleted login credentials of the other client.

However, when I click "check out from server" It only shows the name of old client's name in the server list. Server name area is not editable at all and the old server details are deleted.

I checked the forums and MemoQ support pages, exchanged emails with the client but could not find a possible solution yet.

Anyone has a clue about this problem? Anyone else has experienced the same issue? I will really appreciate any answers.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:02
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Manage logins? Mar 9, 2021

Omer faruk apak wrote:
However, when I click "check out from server" It only shows the name of old client's name in the server list. Server name area is not editable at all and the old server details are deleted.

On the Dashboard screen there is a link-style button called "Manage logins" where you can delete login information. I have not been able to get it to remember two separate logins for the same client, so I regularly have to delete certain clients' login information so that I can log in with the other credentials.

Omer faruk apak
Omer faruk apak  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:02
Member (2018)
Turkish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved. Thanks a lot. Mar 9, 2021

Thanks for your help, Samuel...

Actually my client warned me that all I needed to was to copypaste the name of the server to the server name bar on the check out project interface and then click the tick box next to it.

When I did as she advised, it magically added the new server and I could see and access to all the pending projects. Perhaps in addition to linguistic capabilities, I should try being a little more tech-savvy...
See more
Thanks for your help, Samuel...

Actually my client warned me that all I needed to was to copypaste the name of the server to the server name bar on the check out project interface and then click the tick box next to it.

When I did as she advised, it magically added the new server and I could see and access to all the pending projects. Perhaps in addition to linguistic capabilities, I should try being a little more tech-savvy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ won't show me new server name and let me check out their projects (RESOLVED)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »