Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:04
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 9, 2021

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit of a sporadic MemoQ user and have a bit of a noob question. Is there any way to embed the concordance pane in the main set of panes in MemoQ and not as a separate pop-up - for example in overlay of the preview pane or something similar? I like to use concordance a lot in my translations, particularly on my current project where several people are translating the same document at the same time, however I find the pop-up to be intrusive and rather annoying. I don't
... See more
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit of a sporadic MemoQ user and have a bit of a noob question. Is there any way to embed the concordance pane in the main set of panes in MemoQ and not as a separate pop-up - for example in overlay of the preview pane or something similar? I like to use concordance a lot in my translations, particularly on my current project where several people are translating the same document at the same time, however I find the pop-up to be intrusive and rather annoying. I don't find the preview pane to be half as useful and can live without it.

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Huw
Collapse

Andrée Anne Tremblay
Andrée Anne Tremblay
Canada
Local time: 17:04
English to French
i don't think so Feb 10, 2021

Not that I know of unfortunately... I've been using memoQ full time for 6 years and have never found a setting like this for the TM window (so if there is it means that I really don't pay attention LOL!!). The only elements I'm able to have in the "view pane" are the HTML preview (if provided), the warnings, and the TM/TB concordances depending on the % you set for hits.

But if someone knows how to embed a TM search in the view pane I would really like to know as well!!!

[Edi
... See more
Not that I know of unfortunately... I've been using memoQ full time for 6 years and have never found a setting like this for the TM window (so if there is it means that I really don't pay attention LOL!!). The only elements I'm able to have in the "view pane" are the HTML preview (if provided), the warnings, and the TM/TB concordances depending on the % you set for hits.

But if someone knows how to embed a TM search in the view pane I would really like to know as well!!!

[Edited at 2021-02-10 01:01 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ Concordance Search View

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »