Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:32
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 18, 2013

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to ask you if there is a way to confirm 100% matches applied from the TM.
I have used the pre-translate function, but 100% have not been confirmed by memoq so I have to confirm them one by one.
Thank you very much for you help.
Bruno

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Confirm or filter Apr 18, 2013

Hi Bruno,

in the Pre-translate window you have the "Confirm/lock" tab where you can set, whether you want the exact matches (100%) to be confirmed/locked etc.

Another option - filter in the editor for 100%/101% matches, highlight all (ctrl+shift+a) and confirm (ctrl+enter).

Hope this helps,
Michał

Alberto
Maria Fernanda Gonzalez
Belén Nobile

Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 18, 2013

Michal Glowacki wrote:

Hi Bruno,

in the Pre-translate window you have the "Confirm/lock" tab where you can set, whether you want the exact matches (100%) to be confirmed/locked etc.

Another option - filter in the editor for 100%/101% matches, highlight all (ctrl+shift+a) and confirm (ctrl+enter).

Hope this helps,
Michał

Thank you Michał, you helped me a lot!

Tjaša Košir
Tjaša Košir  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Slovenian
+ ...
What about 101% matches? Jun 27, 2019

Hello everyone,

can the same procedure be done with 101% matches as well or do they need to be confirmed individually by selecting them all at once and then confirming them?

I have a project of about 650 documents so it would be helpful to find a way how to do all at once.

Thanks,
Tjaša

rsch
rsch  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
Pre-translarting / Confirming 101% matches Jun 28, 2019

Hi Tjaša,

There are various ways to deal with this.
You can select all documents, right-click on them -> pre-translate and select the "Confirm and Lock 100% matches" in the pre-translation settings.
This will confirm and lock all 100% and 101% matches.

However, if you'd like to lock 101% matches only and not 100% matches, the following workaround might help:

Create a view of all files, open the view and sort the segments by "match rate - higher
... See more
Hi Tjaša,

There are various ways to deal with this.
You can select all documents, right-click on them -> pre-translate and select the "Confirm and Lock 100% matches" in the pre-translation settings.
This will confirm and lock all 100% and 101% matches.

However, if you'd like to lock 101% matches only and not 100% matches, the following workaround might help:

Create a view of all files, open the view and sort the segments by "match rate - higher first". You'll then have the segments sorted by 101% matches, 100% matches, 99% etc. and can confirm and lock the 101% segments all at the same time. [Make sure that the "auto-synchronize on server" option is disabled as otherwise memoQ would synchronise your local project with the server after confirming the segments.]

Of course, with 650 documents, it might take a while for memoQ to load everything, but it will be worth the time. It will still be more time-saving than manually confirm 101% matches.

[Edited at 2019-06-28 12:35 GMT]
Collapse

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
Not working Dec 28, 2020

What if I have 100% matches in my document that stubbornly refuse to get confirmed despite having used the pre-translate method? The method of selecting and confirming segments manually is stone age and certainly not what is expected of a $600 or so software that's supposed to streamline work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic confirmation of 100% matches?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »