Client generated package displays source and target in editor, generates an empty return package
Thread poster: Catherine Earle
Catherine Earle
Catherine Earle
United States
Local time: 04:12
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2018

I'd love to have some help with this. A new client has sent me 2 client-generated Trados packages for 2 different products. I use Trados Studio 2015, and I used it to produce both projects. The first project was submitted with no problem.
For the second project, the PM came back to me and said the "target" was empty. When I open the "completed" project in editor view, I see both the source and my completed translation on the target side. But, I cannot get the project to save the target as
... See more
I'd love to have some help with this. A new client has sent me 2 client-generated Trados packages for 2 different products. I use Trados Studio 2015, and I used it to produce both projects. The first project was submitted with no problem.
For the second project, the PM came back to me and said the "target" was empty. When I open the "completed" project in editor view, I see both the source and my completed translation on the target side. But, I cannot get the project to save the target as a Word doc.
The client is telling me to use only Trados 2017, and not to use Studio. But...I produced the first translation using Trados Studio 2015, and there were no problems.
Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? I would appreciate your help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client generated package displays source and target in editor, generates an empty return package

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »