Logan Morales (X)
Logan Morales (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Small update Aug 31, 2020

First, addressing your point Katalin. No, there is no opportunity for $15/hour unfortunately. We would only get the $10 if we reviewed 90 minutes worth of dialogue in 60 real time minutes. The idea was that it takes less time for us to read than to speak, so we should be able to rush through them in less time than the audio suggests. If we review 60 minutes of dialogue in 60 real time minutes, we would only receive $6.60. These are full conversations with little pause. There is no communication ... See more
First, addressing your point Katalin. No, there is no opportunity for $15/hour unfortunately. We would only get the $10 if we reviewed 90 minutes worth of dialogue in 60 real time minutes. The idea was that it takes less time for us to read than to speak, so we should be able to rush through them in less time than the audio suggests. If we review 60 minutes of dialogue in 60 real time minutes, we would only receive $6.60. These are full conversations with little pause. There is no communication between the team members, only with the team members and the company, so perhaps others are able to meet this speed? It certainly seems impossible to me for a quality end result. This also means I have no idea if others are satisfied or have also spoken up about the price.

I'm incredibly frustrated. My previous note about them seeming to be open to negotiation may have been too early of a celebration. Things aren't looking great, so I will send an invoice, hopefully get paid, and get out. If I can't get paid, I'm glad for all the information about Blueboard.

I will look for a phone number. Thankfully, I'm not shy about that.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client continues to change rules/prices

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »