Babette Schrooten (X)
Babette Schrooten (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:17
English to German
+ ...
Jul 13, 2017

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the compatability of files between Trados Studio 2017 and memoQ.

I received mqxliff files from a colleague which I translated and re-converted into mqxliff. I sent them to my colleague. She can open them as bilingual files and read them, but the documents are locked so that she can't update her TM with them.

Does anybody have an idea what went wrong? Does the status of the segments have anything to do with it? The status
... See more
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with the compatability of files between Trados Studio 2017 and memoQ.

I received mqxliff files from a colleague which I translated and re-converted into mqxliff. I sent them to my colleague. She can open them as bilingual files and read them, but the documents are locked so that she can't update her TM with them.

Does anybody have an idea what went wrong? Does the status of the segments have anything to do with it? The status in my documents is proofread.

I would be great if anybody can help us.

Thanky in advance

Babette
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:17
English to Russian
Yes, this is because of 'proofread' status Jul 13, 2017

She needs to change the 'Confirm using status' option.
To this effect she should:
1. Go to Project home tab
2. Click Settings
3. Check herself as a proofreader (Confirm using status: Proofread)

Now she can amend such 'proofreader-locked' segments or confirm them to update her TM.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility of files between Trados Studio 2017 and memoQ

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »