[email protected]
How are you today?.My name is Anita i am a young single girl
never married before.I hope you are in perfect health and i
pray that this message should find you in peace. It will be
my pleasure to read from you. I am very happy the way God
has brought us in contact with each other. But please i will
love to know you more please write me to my email:
[email protected]

I have reported it at Proz as scam and the profile doesn't exist anymore.

Why someone would write such a message here?

[Edited at 2016-11-19 20:24 GMT]
Collapse

Paulo Eduardo -  Pro Knowledge
Paulo Eduardo - Pro Knowledge  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:44
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
SPAMS, SCAMS AND ADVERTISEMENTS. Nov 19, 2016

Like any other homepage host provider, it is time ProZ find a manner of allowing us to block unwanted emails and/or advertisements.
Is it not?

cloudhunter (X)
cloudhunter (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:44
English to German
+ ...
Amen Nov 20, 2016

Paulo Eduardo - Pro Knowledge wrote:

Like any other homepage host provider, it is time ProZ find a manner of allowing us to block unwanted emails and/or advertisements.
Is it not?

I have been having a problem with an Indian agency, a very big one. The thing is they keep sending me numerous messages a day, the number varies between 1 and 13 (!!!) daily, where they ask me to complete the current assignment for them. Obviously, they send a bulk message and whoever comes first, gets the job (if they can afford, of course). The thing is, they don't bother to check if I provide this service at all (which I don't). Also, the requests are very often about languages I don't even speak or heard of...

I have tried asking them politely to stop spamming (13 messages are spamming for me...), I tried being less nice and I finally asked for proz.com assistance. What happened was proz.com asking me to provide e-mail headers of all the messages, which I did but it was very cumbersome since the amount exceeded 40 at that point. I gave up once asked to also provide them with the headers of all the replies I had sent so far.

I tried blocking the IP but the agency seems to have tons of them and every second message comes from a different one.

So, I would also welcome a solution to this becase I really don't feel like being spam on a website which I pay lots of money for. This is one of the reasons why I might not be getting the new membership. The support does not always seem to want to help.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:44
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Spam accounts are removed on sight Nov 21, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. I confirm this is spam, sent from an account that has already been removed. Spam accounts are removed on sight.

It is a different situation when a legitimate outsourcer is sending unwanted emails. It is possible to block a person from contacting you through the site.

cloudhunter, I have re-opened your old support request on this matter and proposed a couple of solutions. I am looking forward to your reply.

... See more
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this. I confirm this is spam, sent from an account that has already been removed. Spam accounts are removed on sight.

It is a different situation when a legitimate outsourcer is sending unwanted emails. It is possible to block a person from contacting you through the site.

cloudhunter, I have re-opened your old support request on this matter and proposed a couple of solutions. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
It's better to ignore scam/spam emails Nov 21, 2016

Even if Proz.com were to implement a top-of-the-line spam filter, it is almost impossible to get all spams or scams by email.

Here's an idea: take the initiative. Ignore any email that doesn't come from someone you already know. Also, ignore any communications from companies or individuals pointing to a web address that has no physical (brick-and-mortar) address.

We're not children. We should already know how to deal with strangers. Neither proz.com or other professiona
... See more
Even if Proz.com were to implement a top-of-the-line spam filter, it is almost impossible to get all spams or scams by email.

Here's an idea: take the initiative. Ignore any email that doesn't come from someone you already know. Also, ignore any communications from companies or individuals pointing to a web address that has no physical (brick-and-mortar) address.

We're not children. We should already know how to deal with strangers. Neither proz.com or other professional sites are intended to mollycoddle us or babysit us.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam or spam?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »