Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Translators please beware of fake email accounts
Thread poster: Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd.
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Language Aide Pvt. Ltd. - Translation & Interpreting Agency
Language Aide Pvt. Ltd. - Translation & Interpreting Agency
India
Local time: 03:44
English to Hindi
+ ...
Thanks & a couple of suggestions Jun 15, 2012

somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. wrote:

Hello,

Myself project manager of Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. company located in delhi India. From last few months we are receiving invoices through emails and post from different resources coutry wide for the work which we had not assigned them.

Someone is cheating resources by using our name and company details, the email I.D they are using is [email protected]. I want to request all the resource that do not accept any projects from this kind of fake email accounts. We only use our internal company accounts like [email protected] etc. for all the business activities. We never use yahoo, gmail, rediff or any other public accounts for business activities.

Please beware of fake people who are using our name to make their job going.

We welcome suggestions from all of you how we can catch this kind of people.

With Best Regards,

Tina Mittra

Project Manager

Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd.

[email protected]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-29 12:28 GMT]

Thanks for the information Tina!

We received a job inquiry today from an email - admin at somyatrans.com and found this discussion while checking the blueboard record. I assume it is a legitimate offer and must not be wrong since it has been sent by an email which has the company domain name in the right side of @.

Receiving a job inquiry today and going through the discussion happened in this forum i have a couple of suggestion to offer:

1) Why don't you suggest your company to assign email IDs on individual's name rather than generic name, that is, 'firstname.lastname at somyatrans.com', rather than 'admin at somyatrans.com', i think it will not only make the email look more professional and trustworthy but also it will be harder to fake.

2) Why don't you file an FIR and inform the cyber crime branch of Delhi Police of area against this so called fake Ajoy Singh who is not only ripping apart your company's revenue and reputation, he is cheating the innocent translators at the same time. I am pretty sure that police would be able to find this person out even if he has just given a email address and everything else he has used of your company's details.

Pooja Sharma

pooja dot sharma at language aide dot com

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:14
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Generic email addresses Jun 15, 2012

Language Aide Pvt. Ltd. - Translation & Interpreting Agency wrote:

Receiving a job inquiry today and going through the discussion happened in this forum i have a couple of suggestion to offer:

1) Why don't you suggest your company to assign email IDs on individual's name rather than generic name, that is, 'firstname.lastname at somyatrans.com', rather than 'admin at somyatrans.com', i think it will not only make the email look more professional and trustworthy but also it will be harder to fake.

A generic email address like admin@company_name.com has the advantage that it can be associated to several internal accounts in such a way that inquiries arriving to this address can be handled by a team. Personal addresses are, by definition, sent to a single person, and this reduces flexibility. When you write to a generic address you usually receive an answer from a personalized one.

Personalized addresses are not harder to fake. All you need to do is to create a name, something scammers are very familiar with.

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto

MURNI BINTI JAMALUDIN
MURNI BINTI JAMALUDIN
Malaysia
Local time: 06:14
English to Malay
+ ...
scam emails from somya translation Jun 24, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know whether the following emails are genuine
from somya translation as I read from the internet there is some irresponsible
party using the name of Somya Translation, as a scam.

Please let me know whether the email addresses below are valid/genuine:

- [email protected]<
... See more
Hi,

I would like to know whether the following emails are genuine
from somya translation as I read from the internet there is some irresponsible
party using the name of Somya Translation, as a scam.

Please let me know whether the email addresses below are valid/genuine:

- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
- [email protected]

I have completed my jobs and sending them my invoices but until now I did not received any single payment. Therefore, I think it is advisable for us to be more aware when receiving any requests from the emails stated.

Thank you.
Collapse

India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Emails from domain "@somyatrans.com" are genuine. Jun 24, 2015

Hi Murni,

My name is Barkha. I am working with Somya Translators Pvt Ltd as Asst. Manager-HR. Could you please forward your query to me at [email protected] as I have not received any single email from you in last few days regarding any of your query. In-fact I would appreciate if you could forward email which you might have sent to us regarding your invoice.

Also note, all the email IDs specified by you are genuin
... See more
Hi Murni,

My name is Barkha. I am working with Somya Translators Pvt Ltd as Asst. Manager-HR. Could you please forward your query to me at [email protected] as I have not received any single email from you in last few days regarding any of your query. In-fact I would appreciate if you could forward email which you might have sent to us regarding your invoice.

Also note, all the email IDs specified by you are genuine. In-fact I must add that all the emails from domain "@somyatrans.com" are genuine.

With Thanks
Barkha
[email protected]
Collapse

na-polski
na-polski
Poland
Local time: 23:14
English to Polish
[email protected] Jun 21, 2016

Hello,

Since I am not getting any response to my questions regarding past due purchase orders (which apparently are the basis for the invoice and payment), I too would like to ask if [email protected] email address is genuine.
Although it appears to be, it does not hurt to double check, does it?

Kind regards,
Monika Wieczorek

India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Emails from domain "@somyatrans.in" are genuine. Jun 21, 2016

Hi Monika,

Please be informed that all the emails from domain "@somyatrans.in" are genuine. You will get reply of your mail which you sent today very soon. For any other queries, you may write to [email protected]

Regards
Barkha

na-polski
na-polski
Poland
English to Polish
thank you Jun 21, 2016

Actually, I have already sent two emails, so the lack of response together with this whole scam issue made me suspicious.

Anyway, thank you for such a swift reply.

Best regards,
Monika Wieczorek

[Zmieniono 2016-06-21 11:22 GMT]

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
Not your "resource" Jun 21, 2016

somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. wrote:

Hello,

Myself project manager of Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. company located in delhi India. From last few months we are receiving invoices through emails and post from different resources coutry wide for the work which we had not assigned them.

Someone is cheating resources by using our name and company details, the email I.D they are using is [email protected]. I want to request all the resource that do not accept any projects from this kind of fake email accounts. We only use our internal company accounts like [email protected] etc. for all the business activities. We never use yahoo, gmail, rediff or any other public accounts for business activities.

Please beware of fake people who are using our name to make their job going.

We welcome suggestions from all of you how we can catch this kind of people.

With Best Regards,

Tina Mittra

Project Manager

[email protected]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-29 12:28 GMT]

I've seen translators feeling offended by being called "vendors".... wondering how these sensitive people would react to being called "resources".
Just a thought on a Tuesday afternoon...

Dr. Asma Asfour
Dr. Asma Asfour  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
No payment Jul 20, 2016

I have completed some projects for them before few years but they never paid even though they pay very low rates. So, I just ignore their jobs and emails.

Daniela ABM Traducao

India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Asma's payment is not released due to non receipt of invoice. Oct 29, 2016

Asma Asfour wrote:

I have completed some projects for them before few years but they never paid even though they pay very low rates. So, I just ignore their jobs and emails.

Hi Asma,

I guess, I have missed to notice your post earlier. Regarding your payment, instead of writing here & there, if you could have submitted your invoice at the right place & at the right time then you would have received your payment years back.

If you have some query then forward it to [email protected].

Regards

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators please beware of fake email accounts

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »