Thread poster: Reed James
Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 02:42
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Aug 23, 2016

I have been assigned to convert currency (pesos to dollars or dollars to pesos) on several occasions. These are mostly financial statements in PDF format. I either have to multiply or divide the figures on those statements. I usually input the original figure in Windows calculator and then multiply or divide, and then paste the converted figure into the target document, and so on. It seems as if this could be sped up by using the clipboard extender, some kind of macro, and voice recognition. My ... See more
I have been assigned to convert currency (pesos to dollars or dollars to pesos) on several occasions. These are mostly financial statements in PDF format. I either have to multiply or divide the figures on those statements. I usually input the original figure in Windows calculator and then multiply or divide, and then paste the converted figure into the target document, and so on. It seems as if this could be sped up by using the clipboard extender, some kind of macro, and voice recognition. My qualms about setting things up this way is that I could get tangled up with so many commands.

Has anyone been in the situation before?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best workflow for converting currency

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »