MS Word German spellcheck
Thread poster: Jan Schauseil
Jan Schauseil
Jan Schauseil  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:13
German to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2005

Is there a free download to get a German spellchecker for MS XP Word? I have the English version.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No Feb 19, 2005

But AFAIR english Word should have allready german spellchecker...
Should you not have german spellchecker, you will need Microsoft Proofing Tools.

Regards
Jerzy

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
English Word Feb 19, 2005

The English version of Word includes a spellchecker for English, Spanish and French, but not for German. The German version of Word includes a spellchecker for German, English, Spanish and French!

The German spellchecker (and many more languages) are available in the Proofing Tools from Microsoft (as Jerzy already mentioned).

[Edited at 2005-02-19 09:41]

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
In your case Feb 19, 2005

the best solution is Duden Korrektor: http://www.duden.de/index2.html?produkte/elektronisch/korrektor/korrektor.html

It ist affordable and better (I think) than the integrated spellcheker from Microsoft.

Rgds

Giuseppe Randazzo
Giuseppe Randazzo  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Italian spell checker May 22, 2005

I have got the same problem because I bought my Office 2003 in Hong Kong and there is no checker for Italian.
Do you have any other solutions a part from the Proofing Tools which is very expensive to me.
Thank you,
Giuseppe

Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:13
English to Polish
+ ...
German spellcheck Jun 9, 2005

Would someone from Germany please send me a German spellchecking file? It is a small file in Windows XP and I really need it for now. I would really appreciate it! And for now, I can send someone the Polish or English one.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Better don´t ask for such favor publicly Jun 9, 2005

Yoanna wrote:

Would someone from Germany please send me a German spellchecking file? It is a small file in Windows XP and I really need it for now. I would really appreciate it! And for now, I can send someone the Polish or English one.

You are aware, that this is clear copyright breach?

Regards
Jerzy

Yoanna
Yoanna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:13
English to Polish
+ ...
Sorry... Jun 9, 2005

I didn't know that, as I thought this was an exchangeable part of Word... OK forget it

Jinglebob
Jinglebob
Local time: 23:13
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
German spellchecker Jun 14, 2005

Forget about the copyright and try the following link: http://www.germancorner.com/info/msspellcheck.html I hope it helps. Of course, you'd have to get back to your old 97 MS Office to be able to use it, but it's a minor inconvenience compared to the nuisance that German spelling is. Take care

Giuseppe Randazzo
Giuseppe Randazzo  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
have a look on ebay Jun 30, 2005

you can try to have a look on ebay. U can find some auctions sometimes. I finally bought Proofing tools for Word 2003 there and it is a bit cheaper then in the store but still very expensive but a translator needs it, I think.
Good night,
Giuseppe

Antje Ruppert
Antje Ruppert
United States
Local time: 05:13
German to English
+ ...
German spellchecker - to be continued Apr 9, 2007

Now that the German spelling has changed once again I also am trying to figure out what my best move woul be to get the correct spellchecker installed. According to reviews the Duden Korrektor 3.5.1 is extremely slow, leads to constant program crashes, and is a waste of time. Is this true? Has one of you been able to get the thing to work right?

What about upgrading to MS Office 2003 and buying the Proofing Tools. Besides this being a major expense, does it work ok?

Tha
... See more
Now that the German spelling has changed once again I also am trying to figure out what my best move woul be to get the correct spellchecker installed. According to reviews the Duden Korrektor 3.5.1 is extremely slow, leads to constant program crashes, and is a waste of time. Is this true? Has one of you been able to get the thing to work right?

What about upgrading to MS Office 2003 and buying the Proofing Tools. Besides this being a major expense, does it work ok?

Thanks for all input.

Antje
Collapse

Sert
Sert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
What about Catalan spell check? Apr 14, 2007

Could anyone recommend any sites or sources for locating a Catalan spell check for MSword?

Sebastian Porrúa
Sebastian Porrúa
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
german & catalan free spell check for word (uses internet though) May 3, 2017

I just installed a pack offered freely by an offical body of Spain to get a catalan spellchecker and I found it has like 40 other languages, including german. Its a language tool that uses internet but gets installed inside word, so it is practical.<... See more
I just installed a pack offered freely by an offical body of Spain to get a catalan spellchecker and I found it has like 40 other languages, including german. Its a language tool that uses internet but gets installed inside word, so it is practical.

https://www.softcatala.org/programes/corrector-gramatical-en-catala-languagetool-per-al-microsoft-word/

They get installed in the area of complements (suplementos in spanish) of Word 2007 (supposedly it works for Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013), not in the general dictionaries of word.

The page is in catalan, but just press the red button with the download sign, accept and install.
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
Duden Korrektor May 4, 2017

The best among the poor German spellcheckers is the Duden Korrektor.
https://www.epc.de/unsere-loesungen/der-duden-korrektor-12-0-fuer-microsoft-office

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MS Word German spellcheck

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »