Chiara Foppa Pedretti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:44
English to Italian
+ ...
No answer yet Apr 14, 2015

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Hi Chiara,

Please write to [email protected]. I will handle this shortly.

You can either get it resolved or get a refund. No worry.

Dallas

Hi Dallas, I've sent this second email as you required on Saturday, but I haven't received any answer yet...

Chiara Foppa Pedretti
Chiara Foppa Pedretti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Solved Apr 14, 2015

For any future reader, I just wanted to say that the problem was solved.
Thank you Dallas!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Still using it in 2017 Jun 19, 2017

I came upon this thread because I had an API glitch and googled the GT4T site, only to find there was a fix for it already at the top of the page! I've been using it for quite a few years now and in general I am happy with it and the response to service requests.

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:44
English to Chinese
+ ...
New versions of GT4T Jul 5, 2017

Hi colleagues,

Just let you know that the GT4T is updated with new Google Neural engine.
Yes, how years flies. The thread started in 2010 and it's 2017 now:-) The machine gets better. Alpha Go beats the best chess player. Will Alpha Translator beat us too?

Dallas

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:44
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Two questions about GT4T subscriptions/usage limits Jul 31, 2017

Thanks for the info Shouguang!

Is there any way to make it work with my Google Translate API 2 key? The reason for this is that for 90% of my translation work I use GT plug-in inside CafeTran (where I can also select text and have it automatically translated by various MT providers; only difference is it doesn't get automatically replaced with the translation, but instead shows the translation and little box). However, it would be useful to occasionally be able to use your tool outs
... See more

Is there any way to make it work with my Google Translate API 2 key? The reason for this is that for 90% of my translation work I use GT plug-in inside CafeTran (where I can also select text and have it automatically translated by various MT providers; only difference is it doesn't get automatically replaced with the translation, but instead shows the translation and little box). However, it would be useful to occasionally be able to use your tool outside of CafeTran. However, it obviously wouldn't be worth it to pay the $68 (for the annual subscription), if I only used it occasionally.

This brings me to a second question: I don't mean to pry, but how do you pay Google? I mean, your users pay you a time-based subscription, but does this mean that they can translate as much as they want within that time period? What if someone translates zillions of words within their monthly or annual subscription to GT4T? Is that allowed? That is, are there usage limits, on top of the time-based limits?

Michael
Collapse

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Michael, Jul 31, 2017

In that case you can buy GT4T character-based license just like google api and then you only pay for the number of characters you submit to Google Translate engine.

Yes, technically they can translate as much as they want. If someone translates zillions of words I have to stop him before I go bankrupt:-)

For the timed-based license, you can only activate one computer and it's not very likely that a translator will use as much as that. But yes, with some heavy users my p
... See more
In that case you can buy GT4T character-based license just like google api and then you only pay for the number of characters you submit to Google Translate engine.

Yes, technically they can translate as much as they want. If someone translates zillions of words I have to stop him before I go bankrupt:-)

For the timed-based license, you can only activate one computer and it's not very likely that a translator will use as much as that. But yes, with some heavy users my profit goes minus but overall I am still making money from the term-based licenses.

For the character based licenses you can activate up to 10 computers at the same time.

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

Is there any way to make it work with my Google Translate API 2 key? The reason for this is that for 90% of my translation work I use GT plug-in inside CafeTran (where I can also select text and have it automatically translated by various MT providers; only difference is it doesn't get automatically replaced with the translation, but instead shows the translation and little box). However, it would be useful to occasionally be able to use your tool outside of CafeTran. However, it obviously wouldn't be worth it to pay the $68 (for the annual subscription), if I only used it occasionally.

This brings me to a second question: I don't mean to pry, but how do you pay Google? I mean, your users pay you a time-based subscription, but does this mean that they can translate as much as they want within that time period? What if someone translates zillions of words within their monthly or annual subscription to GT4T? Is that allowed? That is, are there usage limits, on top of the time-based limits?

Michael

Collapse

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
GT4T now supports DeepL Translator. Sep 14, 2017

Hi friends,

Since this is a thread about GT4T, I suppose I can update it.

GT4T integrates DeepL Translator now with it's wonderful alternative translations feature. Check it out here:

https://gt4t.net/en/gt4t-now-integrates-deepl-translator-with-alternative-translation-feature/

Thanks,
... See more
Hi friends,

GT4T integrates DeepL Translator now with it's wonderful alternative translations feature. Check it out here:

https://gt4t.net/en/gt4t-now-integrates-deepl-translator-with-alternative-translation-feature/

Thanks,

Dallas
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
a few questions re DeepL support and its API (which apparently isn't out yet) Sep 15, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Hi friends,

Thanks,

Dallas

Hi Dallas,

Very interesting! Am testing it now with a one-month subscription to GT4T. One question: is this with the unofficial DeepL API? Will your DeepL support continue to work? Have you heard from DeepL regarding their upcoming official API?

Michael

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Not sure Sep 16, 2017

Hi Michael,

It's a full fledged API. It's not officially announced yet but I am pretty sure it is 'leaked' by the DeepL team as no one else can. Developers probably will later be required to get an API key to continue to use the API when it is officially announced.

I will buy the API key as soon as it is released.

Dallas

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Hi friends,

Thanks,

Dallas

Hi Dallas,

Very interesting! Am testing it now with a one-month subscription to GT4T. One question: is this with the unofficial DeepL API? Will your DeepL support continue to work? Have you heard from DeepL regarding their upcoming official API?

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Cool! Sep 16, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Hi Michael,

It's a full fledged API. It's not officially announced yet but I am pretty sure it is 'leaked' by the DeepL team as no one else can. Developers probably will later be required to get an API key to continue to use the API when it is officially announced.

I will buy the API key as soon as it is released.

Dallas

Shouguang Cao wrote:

Hi friends,

Thanks,

Dallas

Hi Dallas,

Michael

I have been trying out GT4t with DeepL, and I must say that it is very useful. I can just press Ctrl+J in a new segment, and the whole segment is translated with DeepL. Very handy.

Michael

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
try ctrl+win+j Sep 16, 2017

If you hit ctrl+win+j, you get a list of translation suggestions to choose from. Can be very useful too.

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
font size? Sep 16, 2017

Shouguang Cao wrote:

If you hit ctrl+win+j, you get a list of translation suggestions to choose from. Can be very useful too.

Yeah, that's very nice! Any way to make the font used slightly larger?

Oh, wow, just noticed that Ctrl+Win+j also works on selections in the source segment (in CafeTran): very cool!

[Edited at 2017-09-16 20:05 GMT]

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
DeepL having trouble with longer segments Sep 17, 2017

GT4T seems to be having trouble with longer segments in CafeTran. I press Ctrl+J, but nothing happens. No problem at all with shorter/regular segments.

Michael

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
font size Sep 17, 2017

1. Font size: I will check what I can do with font size. When the font size is large the popup can have too little room for longer sentences.
2. Long sentences: now sure. Maybe if you try again it will work.
3. If you use ctrl+Win+j on source text, you can hold down ctrl and click an item to copy it to clipboard.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Advantage(s) of GT4T compared with CafeTran's built-in solution? Sep 18, 2017

GT4T seems to be having trouble with longer segments in CafeTran. I press Ctrl+J, but nothing happens. No problem at all with shorter/regular segments.

Michael

Michael, what are the advantage(s) of GT4T compared with CafeTran's built-in solution for querying and harvesting DeepL?

[Edited at 2017-09-18 06:29 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GT4T

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »