Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Contact the outsourcer by email - do they ever reply?
Thread poster: S_G_C
Edward Vreeburg
Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:48
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
in short - yes they reply Jun 30, 2017

if they need you urgently
if their regular translator is not available
if your skills match their needs
if their budget matches your quote

- - OH and of course: Late Friday afternoon -when no cheaper translator was available during the past week and the job is due on Monday - -

often outsourcers received several douzens of quotes
often outsources go fish for CVs at times they have no jobs ( to keep their employees busy and look for cheaper tran
... See more
if they need you urgently
if their regular translator is not available
if your skills match their needs
if their budget matches your quote

- - OH and of course: Late Friday afternoon -when no cheaper translator was available during the past week and the job is due on Monday - -

often outsourcers received several douzens of quotes
often outsources go fish for CVs at times they have no jobs ( to keep their employees busy and look for cheaper translators).

If you don't hear from them within the hour, it was probaly not that urgent

Sometimes you hear from them a week, a month or even a couple of years later...
(hey , we found your CV in our system, do you still work for X amount?)

Although after a few years they are more likely to create a new job posting on Proz...

[Edited at 2017-06-30 15:41 GMT]
Collapse

S_G_C
S_G_C
Romania
Local time: 20:48
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
Quoting on proz Jun 30, 2017

Sheila, I haven't quoted on proz.com jobs for quite a while now. However, my last quotes said "you cannot quote on this job, you have to add money to your wallet first". I have mentioned this before. It didn't matter whether I had to wait for 12 hours or not.

I will wait for the next suitable EN-RO job and check again.

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
Local time: 19:48
German to English
+ ...
Yes Jun 30, 2017

Sorana_M. wrote:

Why is that? Do they even choose someone to do the job? Eventually, the job is closed, so I guess they must have found someone - assuming the job post is legitimate. But whom?

Do you quote on such jobs? Do you ever get such a job? Or do you even get a reply to your quote?

And how come the number of bids/quotes may be registered and made visible, if one is expected to quote outside of proz/other sites?

Yes, I have sometimes quoted on such jobs by email, and been awarded the job. I have also sometimes quoted on such jobs by email, and never received a reply. I have found it is very rare to receive a negative reply -- either no reply, or success.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contact the outsourcer by email - do they ever reply?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »